The goal of Tiger Tots Preschool is to foster the development of the whole child, emotionally, socially, physically and cognitively in a caring, safe, and challenging environment. Activities are included in the areas of reading, English Language Arts, math, science, arts & crafts, history, physical education, wellness, and music. For more information about Tiger Tots, please call 508.844.5833.
As of the 2024/2025 school year all children entered in the program must meet the following criteria:
- All students must be 3 years old by September 1,2024
- All students must be fully potty trained.
- Prior students and siblings take first priority for enrollment.
- Any students beginning after the 2022/2023 school year are limited to a 2-year max participation in the program. ( we made this change in last years handbook, those prior enrolled are grandfathered in)
Current class acceptance priority levels
- Priority 1- current students and their siblings
- Priority 1- children whose parents are staff and teachers of Taunton High School
- Priority 1- Taunton High school students' child (must be 3 years old and potty trained)
- Priority 2- relatives of teachers and staff at Taunton High School (grandchildren, nieces and nephews)
- Priority 2-SRO and school bus drivers
- Priority 3- all other outside inquiries
We have established these priority levels to best suit the needs of our program as we look to provide the high school students with the best possible learning opportunity. This program's main priority is to inspire our High School students to carry into a career in education, teach them to develop meaningful, engaging activities for the children to learn from and gain confidence in their abilities to lead a classroom.
We do have hopes of having both a preschool and a pre-k program which will allow us to have one class for 3-year-olds and one class for 4-year-olds. Through this set up it is our hope that the high school students will be able to observe the differences developmentally and be able to adapt the units they create to the needs of the children. This set up would also allow us to provide Child Care 1, Child Care 2 and Child Care 3 students to have more time with the children and learn in a collaborative way.